27. Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad With No Mayonnaise (Low Carb Yum) – Chicken salad is a staple among cold lunch recipes; just look at how many versions are in this article! Unfortunately, many chicken salad recipes aren’t quite as healthy as we’d like thanks, in part, to the addition of mayo. If you’re looking for ways to make your chicken salad recipes even healthier, consider swapping avocados for mayo as in this tasty recipe.
28. Sweet Broccoli Salad Supreme With Cranberries & Bacon (Low Carb Yum) – Here’s an easy cold lunch idea that’s sweet and guilt free! It’s low-carb, Paleo friendly, and has no added sugar. Yep, this is a lunch you can brag about at the gym…assuming you can find time to get there. 😉
29. Watermelon Salad (Reuse Grow Enjoy) – Use up leftover watermelon from your Sunday afternoon picnic with this cold lunches for work recipe. Not only does this recipe help you use up leftovers, it comes together in just 5 quick minutes.
30. Famous Crack Chicken Salad (My Heavenly Recipes) – Sometimes the simple things in life are the best, right? That’s definitely true when it comes to cold lunch ideas. Don’t believe me? Just take a look at this recipe. The ingredients are super simple but the end product is amazingly good!
31. ABC Cobb Salad Recipe: Avocado, Bacon and Corn (Mission to Save) – This healthy cold lunch idea, complete with 4 ingredient homemade dressing, allows you to use up leftover produce (ex. corn on the cob) and other fresh produce from your garden. Yum!
32. 5-Ingredient Thai Peanut Lo Mein Salad (Happy Deal – Happy Day!) – I love cold lunch ideas for work, like this one, that don’t have me spending hours in the grocery store searching for ingredients. Nope, for this super simple recipe you only need 5 measly ingredients!
33. Summer Herbed Quinoa Salad (Gluten-Free, Vegan) (Recipes From A Pantry) – This is a great cheap healthy meal for college students since it requires very little in the way of kitchen equipment. Basically, you just need a way to cook the quinoa, a cutting board, and a knife.
Bonus: Here are 25 more cheap healthy meals for college students.
34. Roasted Carrot and Farro Salad With a Tahini Yogurt Dressing (Recipes From A Pantry) – Healthy cold lunches don’t get much more colorful than this, but this recipe isn’t just a pretty face. Nope, it’s nutritious and quick, calling for just 10 minutes of prep time. Tip: Make it gluten-free by using quinoa in place of farro.
35. Harissa Spiced Chickpea Salad (Gluten-Free) (Recipes From A Pantry) – If you aren’t familiar with them, chickpeas are a great addition to any cold lunch recipes thanks to their protein and high fiber content. They’ll keep you feeling satisfied all afternoon. 🙂
36. Bacon Red Bean Salad (Happy Foods Tube) – The red beans in this cold lunch idea for adults are a win-win. They’re protein packed to give you the energy you need to power through the day and have a high fiber content so you’ll feel full longer and be able to resist the siren’s call of the vending machine!
37. Tuna White Bean Salad (Happy Foods Tube) – Of all the cold lunch ideas in this article, this has got to be one of the fastest. You can have this ready to go in just 5 minutes! Yep, that includes prep and cook time. Don’t worry, it is also super yummy.
Healthy Cold Sandwich Ideas For Work
38. Vegan Chickpea Mayonnaise Salad Sandwich (GF) (Rhian’s Recipe) – Sandwiches are a mainstay of easy cold lunch ideas, but sometimes they get a bad rep. I’ll admit, sandwiches can be unhealthy, but they don’t have to be. Meet this tasty chickpea salad sandwich: It’s vegan, gluten-free, creamy, hearty, and healthy!
39. Curried Black Eyed Pea Salad Sandwiches (Gluten-Free, Vegan) (Strength & Sunshine) – Have food allergies? No worries, there are still plenty of tasty cold lunches for work you can enjoy. This particular recipe takes just 10 minutes and is free of the top 8 allergens (dairy, egg, wheat, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish and shellfish).
40. The Ultimate Vegan BLT (Strength & Sunshine) – This is one of my favorite vegan cold lunch ideas! You use smoky eggplant in place of bacon. Combine it with fresh tomatoes, zesty tahini mayo, and crusty bread and you’ve got a sandwich that is sure to be the envy of the office. Bonus: This recipe is gluten-free and soy-free.
41. Caesar Salmon Sandwich (Hot Eats and Cool Reads) – Do you love a good Caesar salad? Then this healthy cold lunch idea will be right up your alley! This recipe turns a Caesar salad into a tasty (and easy!) sandwich.
42. Tomato Basil Egg Salad Sandwich (Hot Eats and Cool Reads) – Here’s another twist on “traditional” egg salad that makes an awesome cold lunch idea for work. Keep it healthy by opting for bread with high fiber content, using a low-carb wrap, or forgetting bread entirely and using Romain leaves.