This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BOOItForward #CollectiveBias
Have you ever been BOO’d? Last year was my first experience with getting BOO’d and it was so fun! If you have no idea what I am talking about then listen up because I’ll provide you with everything you need to get started BOO’ing. 🙂
Basically BOO’ing a friend or neighbor involves secretly leaving a small gift basket along with a BOO sign and card (with instructions) on someone’s doorstep. The person who was BOO’d then posts the sign near their door informing others that they’ve been BOO’d. This way new recruits won’t try to BOO them again. In return, the neighbor is asked to BOO two other households, creating a chain reaction and resulting in tons of Halloween fun!
Last year my son and I had a blast BOO’ing our neighbors! He was so excited when we hid behind the bushes to watch the neighbors come to the door and get their basket of goodies. I can’t wait to get started BOO’ing again this year!
Feeling inspired? Great! What are you waiting for? Get BOO’ing!
You can download and print a BOO sign and card here.
Here’s how to use your free BOO’ing printable:
- Cut out this “We’ve been BOO’d sign.
- Fold the “You’ve been BOO’d” greeting card (page 2) and tape openings together.
- Include the card and sign when gifting BOO bundles.
You can ramp up the fun even more this Halloween. How does winning a $1,000 Walmart eGift Card sound? Enter the #booitforwardsweepstakes for your chance to snag this prize! Good luck!
Halloween BOO Kit
Mars chocolate fun size mix
Sunkist® 8oz 6pk (Halloween Can)
A&W® root beer 8oz 6pk (Halloween Can)
Basket (can use box, bag, ect., be creative)
Black spray paint (optional)
Yellow, orange, and white ribbon
Candy corn ribbon
Clear plastic baggies
Hot glue/hot glue gun
1. Carefully spray paint your wicker basket black and let dry
2. Once your basket is dry, hot glue your candy corn or ribbon of choice around the top of the basket
3. Place your yellow tissue paper inside your basket (I chose this color because of the contrast with the black basket.)
4. Tie a 12″ piece of each color ribbon to the top of the basket, curl your ribbon with a pair of scissors
5. Begin putting your Mars fun size chocolates into your clear baggies
6. Tie a couple pieces of ribbon around the top of the baggies to secure
7. Place your Mars chocolate baggies into the basket along with a couple of cans of Sunkist® and A&W® root beer
8. Download the free BOO kit printable
9. After you download and print the printable, cut out the “We’ve been BOO’d” sign (follow the directions on the sign)
10. Fold the “You’ve been BOO’d” greeting card then tape the openings together
11. Include the card and sign when gifting the BOO kit
Who do you want to BOO this year? What are you going to include in your Halloween BOO kit? Please share in the comments.