This post is sponsored by Fruity Pebbles. All opinions expressed are my own.
Fruity Pebbles Donut Fries
Whether you’re dealing with a dreary rainy day or a tedious Monday that just won’t quit, sometimes life could use a little more color! If you’re looking for a special treat to literally and figuratively brighten your day, I highly recommend these Fruity Pebbles donut fries. 🙂
I know what you’re thinking. “How did I live without these all of my life?” Totally, I couldn’t agree more. These Fruity Pebbles donut fries are amazing! Seriously, everyone from your kiddos to your hubby to your coworker that’s always on a diet will love these.
I guess that’s the magic of Fruity Pebbles. Fruity Pebbles are fun for children and kids at heart and are great in recipes and on its own. It’s pretty hard to go wrong with this multi-colored cereal. They’re just fun. And yummy!
These Fruity Pebbles donut fries don’t take too long to make. I think if you can avoid the type of interruptions us moms are constantly faced with, you can whip up a batch of these donut fries in under 30 minutes. You are making homemade donuts so there is a little work involved but it’s nothing too strenuous. Watch out for that hot oil though!
Since there is frying involved, I recommend keep the the kiddos away for the first part of the recipe. Of course, if you’re feeling brave, you can always have them help out with rolling the donut fries in sugar and dipping them in chocolate and Fruity Pebbles. Sure, it’ll be a little messier than if you just did it yourself but I practically guarantee you’ll have fun finishing these Fruity Pebbles donut fries together as a family… almost as much fun as you’ll have eating them together!
Okay, are you ready for your life to change? On with the Fruity Pebbles donut fries! 😉
Fruity Pebbles cereal
Refrigerated biscuits, uncooked
1 cup of milk chocolate candy wafers
1/2 cup sugar
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Pour sugar into a shallow dish or onto a plate. Set aside.
2. Pour Fruity Pebbles cereal into a shallow bowl. Set aside.
3. Line a plate with paper towels. Set aside.
4. Line a baking sheet, serving platter, or large plate with parchment paper. Set aside.
5. Fill a large, heavy bottomed pot about 1/4 of the way with vegetable oil.
6. Heat oil for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
WARNING: Be careful as the oil will get very hot and may pop.
7. Open your can of biscuits, and peel each biscuit in half.
8. Cut each layer in half. (Each biscuit should now be in 4 pieces.)
9. Take a half circle of biscuit and roll it into a small rope.
10. Repeat with each piece of biscuit.
11. Carefully place each biscuit rope into the hot oil for about 1 minute or until golden-brown.
Tip: Lower the biscuit pieces into the hot oil using a long wooden spoon. Don’t just drop them in or you may splash hot oil on yourself.
12. Using a pair of tongs, remove each donut fry and place on a paper towel lined plate to collect excess oil.
13. Roll each donate fry in sugar.
14. Place chocolate in a microwave safe dish and heat on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until completed melted (approximately 3-4 minutes).
15. Dip the end of each donut fry in the melted chocolate.
16. Dip the chocolate coated part of each donut fry into the Fruity Pebbles.
17. Place the donut fry on parchment paper and allow chocolate to set.
By the way, these tasty and colorful Fruity Pebbles donut fries would make a fabulous addition to any rainbow party!