Are you ready for summer and your *gulp* bathing suit? If you feel like your body could be a bit more beach ready than read on. Even if you’ve got a rockin’ beach bod, I’m willing to bet you could still benefit from a nutritional boost now and again… am I right? If you’re looking to get fit or keep yourself healthy, than I recommend you try a fruit and vegetable juice cleanse.
Not willing to commit to a full on vegetable juice cleanse just yet? I understand. Start small by just trying this recipe for a fruit and veggie juice smoothie. Once you try it, I think a vegetable juice cleanse will look a little more appetizing.
This first step in a vegetable juice cleanse is packed with produce that’ll fill you up and have you feeling like a million bucks. Seriously, you’ll be radiating health. Bonus: It doesn’t take long to make, so it’s great to whip up on the go.
1 celery stalk
1 large handful of spinach
Juice from ½ of a lime
½ cup water
1 cup ice cubes
1 green tea bag
If you don’t have a juicer you will need a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
1. Wash all produce well.
2. Peel carrot and cut into smaller pieces.
3. Heat water in microwave for 1 minute.
4. Insert tea bag into hot water and let it sit until cool (when cool remove the tea bag).
5. Place ice, spinach, apples, celery, lime juice, carrot, and tea in blender and mix until smooth.
6. Pour mixture through a strainer or cheesecloth into cup to remove pulp. Drink and enjoy!
Do you have other recipes that are great for a vegetable juice cleanse? If so, share them in the comments! Here’s to a healthy summer!