This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareTheJoyOfPie #CollectiveBias
Do you enjoy giving homemade gifts during the holidays? Some of my favorite homemade gift ideas are DIY gifts in a jar. They are thoughtful, unique, and delicious ideas that are perfect for most anyone on your holiday gift list.
I recently had the opportunity to try Marie Callender’s® Dessert Pies which inspired me to make a Cherry Trifle in a Jar. This Cherry Trifle in a Jar reminded me of one of my favorite holiday recipes my grandma used to make called Cherry Delight. I couldn’t wait to whip up this Cherry Trifle in a Jar to see if I loved it as much!
I headed to Walmart to pick up the two main ingredients for this Cherry Trifle in a Jar: Marie Callender’s® Cherry Crunch Pie and Reddi-Wip®. While I was there I also picked up a second pie, Marie Callender’s® Razzleberry Pie which I used below to show you how to incorporate chalkboard plates for your next gathering.
Below I share my simple 2-ingredient recipe for Cherry Trifle in a Jar along with instructions on how to properly bake Marie Callender’s® Dessert Pies.
Cherry Trifle in a Jar
Marie Callender’s® Cherry Crunch Pie
16 oz. mason jar
1. Scoop out a small slice of your baked Marie Callender’s® Cherry Crunch Pie and place it in the bottom of your mason jar
2. Next spray a little bit of your Reddi-Wip® on top of the pie
3. Keep layering your pie and Reddi-Wip® until the jar is full
4. To top off your cherry trifle in a jar, spray a little more Reddi-Wip® on top and sprinkle with a little bit of the pie crumb topping and enjoy!
Besides this Cherry Trifle in a Jar, there are a myriad of other ways to include Marie Callender’s® Dessert Pies into your holiday gift giving efforts. Consider creating a random act of pie-ness by making a cute printable to accompany a fresh baked pie then placing it on someone’s doorstep. Then encourage them to return the favor to someone else thus “sharing the joy of pie” this holiday season.
How to Prepare Marie Callender’s® Dessert Pies
1. Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees
2. Place both of your pies on an aluminum foil lined baking pan (this will prevent your pies from dripping onto the bottom of your oven)
3. Cover the edges of your pies with aluminum foil (this will prevent your pie crust from burning)
4. Bake both of your pies for 40 minutes
5. After 40 minutes, take out your cherry pie and sprinkle the topping on top, then place back in the oven for 10 more minutes (leave the Marie Callender’s® Razzleberry Pie in the oven this whole time, this one will need a total of 60-70 minutes)
6. After 10 minutes, take out your cherry pie and place on top of the oven to cool off
7. Your Marie Callender’s® Razzleberry Pie should have another 10 to 20 minutes to cook
8. After the 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the color of the crust, take out your second pie
9. Let your pies cool for a few hours
Want a fun way to jazz up the dessert table at your next gathering? How about incorporating DIY Chalkboard Pie Plates? Not only will this help guests distinguish exactly what each pie is, but it provides an appealing presentation as well. I love the idea of incorporating these DIY Chalkboard Pie Plates into a pie bar for a party too. Pick up several Marie Callender’s® Dessert Pies and place them on these DIY Chalkboard Pie Plates to showcase a smorgasbord of yummy pies for your guests. Given the wide variety of Marie Callender’s® Dessert Pies each guest is sure to find their favorite pie.
DIY Chalkboard Pie Plates
2 large dinner plates
Black chalk paint
Chalk or a chalk pencil
Foam paint brush
1. Wash and dry the dinner plates
2. Use the paint brush to paint all visible portions of the plates.
Note: Set your plates on newspaper or some type of plastic to protect other surfaces from paint.
3. Paint a second coat of paint once your first coat is dry
4. Once the second coat of paint is dry, proceed with writing the pie names onto each chalkboard pie plate and place your Marie Callender’s® Dessert Pies on each plate
Aren’t these DIY Chalkboard Pie Plates a great way to “share the joy of pie” this holiday season? Not only does this DIY project take minimal work to make, but by using Marie Callender’s® Dessert Pies you save yourself a bundle of time as well which is crucial during this crazy, hectic time of year.
What other creative ideas do you have for incorporating Marie Callender’s® Dessert Pies and Reddi-Wip® into your holidays? Please share in the comments.