Are visions of sugar-plums dancing in your head? It must be the holidays! Here are 68 Christmas cookie and candy recipes sure to satisfy any sweet tooth!
68 Christmas Cookie and Candy Recipes
When you think of the holidays, what do you think of? Like it or not, many of us (myself included) think of food. More specifically, sweet treats, like those special Christmas cookie and candy recipes that only seem appropriate during the holiday season. I’m sure you’ve got your go to Christmas cookie and candy recipes, I know I do, but it is fun to try something new each year, don’t you think?
Whether you’re looking for a traditional Christmas shortbread cookie recipe or a creative Christmas wreath cookie recipe (or anything in between), you’ve come to the right place! Even if you have food allergies or dietary concerns, this list has got you covered. (There are even diabetic Christmas cookie recipes!)
I hope that this list of my all time favorite Christmas cookie and candy recipes will inspire you to whip up something delicious this holiday season and maybe even spend some quality time with the kiddos in the kitchen! Hey, and if you’re feeling generous, feel free to send some samples of your yummy creations my way. 😉
1. Christmas Tree Cookies Recipe: Christmas Tree Peanut Butter Blossoms (Freebie Finding Mom) – Some of my favorite holiday recipes are little twists on traditional dishes. For example, here we take a Christmas sugar cookie recipe (sort of) and add in creamy peanut butter for a simple delight that will be gone in the blink of an eye!
2. Chocolate Christmas Cookies in a Jar (Freebie Finding Mom) – Creative Christmas recipes, like this, aren’t only yummy, they make fantastic homemade gifts.
Bonus: Gifts in a jar make great heartfelt presents. Plus, most of them are simple and inexpensive. Get inspired with these awesome homemade Mason jar gifts.
3. Oreo Ornament Cookies Recipe (Freebie Finding Mom) – Is your oven spoken for this holiday season? No problem; you can still enjoy delicious desserts and cookies. Just take advantage of no bake Christmas cookie recipes, like this one!
4. Recipe For Buckeye Brownie Cookies (Freebie Finding Mom) – There’s a lot to like about this recipe. One, it’s totally binge-worthy. Two, it’s bite sized. Three, it’s shockingly easy. In fact, with a little parental supervision (ex. for melting the chocolate), this could easily be a children’s Christmas dessert recipe!
5. Funfetti Christmas Cookies (Sugar Spun Run) – You only need 15 minutes to tackle this simple Christmas cookie recipe. After that, kick back, relax, and enjoy the mouth-watering aroma of homemade cookies baking! 🙂
6. Holiday Shortbread Cookies (Kidsumers) – A go-to Christmas shortbread cookies recipe is a must! Here’s one that’s definitely worth saving and making year after year.
7. Quick Chocolate Peppermint Dipped Sugar Cookies (The Inspiration Vault) – 3 simple ingredients are all you need to pull off this Christmas sugar cookie recipe. Don’t worry, it’ll be our little secret how easy it is to make these cookies!
8. Santa Suit Cookie Pops (Savings Lifestyle) – This Christmas candy and cookie recipe will really wow the crowd. Seriously, it looks like something you’d buy at a bakery.
Bonus: Is this recipe just a smidge above your skill level? No worries, here are 41 simple Christmas cookie recipes.
9. Peppermint Kisses Cookies (Savings Lifestyle) – Kiss cookies are one of the most popular Christmas cookie recipes out there… and for good reason. You can get really creative with these simple cookies just by mixing up the flavor of Hershey’s Kisses you use.
10. Hungarian Christmas Cookies Recipe (Ann’s Entitled Life) – I don’t know about you, but the holidays always make me just a tad nostalgic. Christmas cookie and candy recipes can definitely feed in to that. For instance, this traditional recipe always makes me think of Christmas when I was younger.
Bonus: The date and nut filling of this cookie may not be a fav with the kiddos. If you want something more child friendly, try this childrens Christmas dessert recipe for Christmas light cupcakes.
11. Kris Kringle Cookie and Frosting Recipe (Ann’s Entitled Life) – 15 minutes of prep time is all you need for this melt-in-your-mouth Christmas sugar cookie recipe. Get in some quality time with the kiddos by asking them to assist you during the decorating phase.
12. Stackable Christmas Tree Cookies Recipe (Ann’s Entitled Life) – Want to go above and beyond with your Christmas shortbread recipe? Then try this recipe which makes 3D Christmas trees… no glasses required!
13. Chocolate Candy Cane Crunch Cookies (Strength and Sunshine) – With this simple Christmas cookie recipe, you can be chowing down on a flavor match (peppermint and chocolate) made in heaven in just 30 minutes.