This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayMadeSimple #CollectiveBias
What are favorite holiday recipes? One of my favorite holiday desserts is grasshopper pie primarily because it contains one of my favorite foods…ice cream! Yum! Well, thanks to my collaboration with #CollectiveBias I was recently introduced to Edy’s Limited Edition Peppermint Wonderland Ice Cream. This yummy dessert screams holidays with its peppermint ice cream loaded with peppermint candy pieces. This refreshing flavor leaves your mouth wanting more.
What could possibly make this ice cream even better? Chocolate of course, so I decided to pick up a bag of NESTLE Dark Chocolate Chips and a bag of NESTLE Limited Edition Holiday Chips from Walmart to construct a fun and mighty tasty chocolate bowl for my peppermint ice cream. You can find these NESTLE products next to your other favorite NESTLE TOLL HOUSE items in the baking aisle and as you can see I found the Edy’s Limited Edition Peppermint Wonderland Ice Cream next to all the other insanely delicious Edy’s ice creams at Walmart.
I love the idea of incorporating this winter treat into my holiday entertaining because not only is it super festive (and delicious) but it is an individual serving size which I prefer for my guests. Just ask each guest how many scoops of peppermint ice cream they want, load up their chocolate bowl and serve. Super simple! #HolidayMadeSimple
I can also envision rewarding my 2 year old son and his playmates with these tasty treats. At least a couple of times a month we have a preschool playmate or two come over for a rowdy play date and serving up a chocolate bowl filled with ice cream sounds like the perfect ending.
Edy’s Peppermint Wonderland
Nestle Dark Chocolate Chips
Nestle Limited Edition Holiday Chips
½ tsp. Coconut oil or vegetable oil
Silicone cupcake liners
1. Place 1 cup dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish, heat in 30 second increments, stirring each time until completely melted.
2. Use a spatula or small paintbrush to spread chocolate inside silicone cupcake liners, making sure to cover bottom and sides well.
3. Place silicone mold in freezer for 10 minutes to set quickly.
4. Take mold out of freezer and carefully remove chocolate cup.
5. Place a heaping scoop of Edy’s Peppermint Wonderland ice cream in the chocolate cup and top with Nestle Limited Edition Holiday chips.
6. Serve immediately or place cups on a baking sheet, cover with waxed paper or foil and place back in refrigerator until ready to serve.
How can you envision incorporating Edy’s Limited Edition Peppermint Wonderland Ice Cream and NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Limited Edition Holiday Chips into your holiday celebrations? Please share in the comments.
To help make your holidays a little sweeter, NESTLE will be giving away $1,600 in NESTLE Gift Baskets! That’s right, eight lucky winners will snag a $100 NESTLE gift basket and two winners will score a $400 grand prize Nestle gift basket! Enter the giveaway below. Good luck!
Nestlé Holiday Sweepstakes