Have you been in the grocery store lately? Yogurt is taking over the dairy section. Seriously, yogurt is to the dairy aisle what cats are to the Internet. And is that any surprise? (I’m referring to yogurt, not cats.) After all, the health benefits of yogurt are pretty impressive. That’s why healthy yogurt recipes have become a staple of my diet.
If you aren’t familiar with the many health benefits of yogurt, here’s what you’ve been missing out on.
- Protein – Yogurt contains a good dose of protein (about 9 grams per 6 ounces).
- Calcium – Yogurt is rich in calcium which is a must for a strong skeletal system.
- Vitamins – Yogurt contains vitamin B2, vitamin B12, potassium, and more.
- Gastrointestinal health – Yogurt with active cultures can help with gastrointestinal conditions like constipation and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Reduced risk of high blood pressure – According to Alvaro Alonso, MD, PhD, “We observed a 50% reduction in the risk of developing high blood pressure among people eating 2-3 servings of low-fat dairy a day (or more), compared with those without any intake.”
Knowing all of that, how can you not rush out and stock up on yogurt right now? Of course, you can just grab one of the bazillion different flavors in the dairy section and eat it as is but healthy yogurt recipes are a great way to use yogurt in new and creative ways. Trust me, if you use these healthy yogurt recipes you’ll never get bored with this super food.
In addition to being remarkably good for you, these healthy yogurt recipes are easy to make. Most them can be made in just a few minutes so they’re the perfect quick and easy snack or breakfast option.
Tip: If you’re trying to loose weight, be sure to try out these healthy yogurt recipes. Eating yogurt can help satisfy hunger (keep you fuller longer) and be an awesome low cal dessert option.
Ready to start taking advantage of all of the health benefits of yogurt? Here are 30 of my favorite healthy yogurt recipes to inspire you.
Recipes For Yogurt
1. Healthy Peach Frozen Yogurt In Just 5 Minutes (Reuse Grow Enjoy) – Craving a sweet treat like ice cream? Make this healthy yogurt recipe your go-to. It takes just five minutes to make and is sure to sooth even the strongest sweet tooth.
2. Homemade Strawberry Frozen Yogurt (Living Sweet Moments) – Here’s another healthy yogurt recipe that is sure to help you beat the heat. Serve this tasty treat at your next backyard barbecue as it is sure to impress.
3. How To Make Vanilla Yogurt in Your Slow Cooker (Joyfully Thriving) – Make your healthy yogurt recipes even healthier by making the yogurt you use instead of purchasing it at the store. Trust me, it’s not as hard as you think! 😉
4. Matcha Green Tea Frozen Yogurt (Sidewalk Shoes) – Take things to the next level with this healthy yogurt recipe. The nutritional benefits of yogurt get an extra boost thanks to the antioxidant properties of the green tea.
Note: This healthy yogurt recipe is ideal for someone who prefers tangy flavors.
5. 3 Minute Healthy Toddler Friendly Raspberry Yogurt (Recipe This) – In just 3 minutes you and your family can be digging into this frozen healthy yogurt recipe. Tip: When possible, take advantage of fresh raspberries from your local farmers market to make this dish even tastier.
6. Fresh Peach and Blueberry Yogurt (Kalyn’s Kitchen) – This healthy yogurt recipe is quite versatile. It makes an easy and filling breakfast, a spoon-licking good snack, and a sweet yet light dessert.
Yogurt Based Popsicles
7. Homemade “Go-Gurt” With Hidden Veggies (Freebie Finding Mom) – Looking for a way to sneak more veggies into your little one’s diet? Look no further! This healthy yogurt recipe is your new secret weapon.
8. Pineapple Cherry Yogurt Pops (Reuse Grow Enjoy) – Cool off with this healthy yogurt recipe. Tip: To make it even healthier, replace the Maraschino cherries with fresh sweet cherries.
9. 2-Ingredient Orange Creamsicle Popsicles (Reuse Grow Enjoy) – Healthy yogurt recipes don’t get much easier than this. All you need for this recipe is 2 ingredients and 3 minutes.
10. Strawberry Sundae Yogurt Ice Pops (Two Healthy Kitchens) – With fresh strawberries and chocolate, this healthy yogurt recipe is guilt-free decadence on a stick. Enjoy!
11. Raspberry Yogurt Popsicles (Sidewalk Shoes) – Simple yet beautiful, these healthy yogurt recipe popsicles are sure to impress anyone who is lucky enough to snag one… not to mention how good they taste!
12. Low-Sugar Fat-Free Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Pops (Kalyn’s Kitchen) – This healthy yogurt recipe only calls for 4 ingredients and is an excellent way to get your little one to willingly eat fruit.