17. Baked Chickpea Patties and Sweet Potato Fries: For a healthier take on fried foods, look no further than this veggie-packed lunch. It’s a great toddler lunch box idea for vegetarian families or really any family who wants to go meatless for some of their meals.
18. Peanut butter and honey puzzle sandwich, half a banana, homemade chocolate yogurt, and strawberry slices: A peanut butter and honey sandwich shaped like a puzzle? Here’s a mom with a whole lot more creativity than I possess. 🙂 I also like the idea of chocolate yogurt, it is a nice alternative to the plain yogurt I typically feed my son.
19. Salmon bites, cut grapes, Italian meatloaf leftovers, mixed veggies, blueberry yogurt, and polenta with cheese (leftover from dinner): So you really can work salmon into toddler meals? I have been searching for ways on how to do this. Of course, there is no guarantee my little guy will eat it. 🙂 Let me know how this toddler lunch idea works for your picky eater!
20. Broccoli and cheese, cut up hot dog, pasta, strawberries, fresh mozzarella, and cranberry orange mini muffin: Here’s how to give your toddler hot dogs and feel less guilty about it. Balance the meal with these delicious and healthy sides, and BAM! A lunch idea for toddlers that both kiddos and moms will love. 21. Baby Pasta Bolognese: This recipe is a great toddler-friendly version of a grown-up favorite! (What kid doesn’t love pasta?)
22. Broccoli and Cheese Fritata Fingers: Quick, easy, cheap, and packed full of veggies–this is one finger food that I highly recommend you try adding to your kiddo’s lunch box.
23. Celery, raisins, sugar snap peas, watermelon, cheddar cheese: Want to teach your kids how to count to four? Create this “Number 4” themed toddler lunch with 4 celery sticks, 4 raisins, 4 sugar snap peas, 4 pieces of watermelon, and 4 slices of cheddar cheese. You can leverage this same idea to incorporate a specific shape or color. (I love this lunch idea for toddlers for two reasons: it makes learning fun and it helps you give your kiddo a variety of foods!)
24. Shredded pork roast, rice, broccoli, onion, mushrooms and watermelon: This toddler lunch idea reminded me that my son’s doctor instructed us to start incorporating rice into his meals. Here’s a smart way to do just that, add it along side a stir fry.
25. Ham, American cheese, cookies, holly shaped cereal bar, and melba toast rounds: If your child loves lunchables, why not try this DIY lunchable meal? This toddler lunch box idea is much healthier and cheaper than the kind you buy at the store!
For even more easy and delicious kid-friendly foods, check out Freebie Finding Mom’s Toddler Meals and Snacks Pinterest board. It’s full of lunch options for kids: healthy lunches, vegetarian lunches, Indian lunches, lunches for daycare and school, lunches for 1 and 2 year olds, lunches for picky eaters…well, you get the idea! Basically, you’ll never run out of lunch options again 🙂
What are your favorite toddler lunch ideas? Please share in the comments.