Do you know someone who could give Martha Stewart a run for her money? Do you know a crafty fashionista who is always altering outfits as easily as you button a shirt? If so, this DIY gifts in a jar idea for a sewing kit would be the perfect present this holiday season.
While many DIY gifts in a jar are Mason jar recipes for edible delights, some of them are cute sets like this sewing kit. What’s great about DIY gifts in a jar is that you can alter them to add a personal touch. For instance, you could include a thimble or different colored thread or anything you want with this sewing kit.
This DIY gifts in a jar idea is a frugal gift that really packs a punch, so to speak. Not only is it practical but it makes an adorable decoration anywhere in the home.
This sewing kit is one of Freebie Finding Mom’s 12 days of DIY gifts in a jar. This series of Mason jar recipes is meant to show anyone how easy it is to have a frugal, fun, and homemade holiday. Be sure to check out all of the DIY gifts in a jar to find the one that is perfect for that special someone on your shopping list.
16 oz. Mason jar with lid and ring
DIY gifts in a jar: Sewing kit
Single hole punch
Ribbon or twine
Small pair of scissors
Notions, such as yarn or ric-rac (I wrapped mine around a popsicle stick)
Pin Cushion Materials
Fabric for the lid (you only need a small square)
Hot glue gun
Quilt batting or stuffing (found at local craft stores)
1. Print and cut out the DIY gifts in a jar tag here.
2. Open all the sewing kit goodies and set aside.
3. Heat your hot glue gun and slowly wrap the lid with the fabric using the hot glue to affix the fabric to the lid. I honestly didn’t measure the fabric, I simply put the lid down and cut a square a little bit bigger than the lid. Keep one side of the lid open and this is where you will stuff the batting. Make sure the hot glue has set so that the fabric doesn’t pop off the lid.
4. Stuff the fabric with batting (you can get a lot in) and hot glue the fabric closed.
5. Once the glue has set, squeeze the lid back through the ring.
6. Add all the sewing goodies and seal the jar.
7. Punch a hole in the DIY gifts in a jar tag and affix it to the Mason jar with some cute ribbon or twine.
For more DIY gifts in a jar follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Mason Jar Recipes and Crafts Pinterest board and check out 25 other holiday DIY gifts in a jar and 25 Mason Jar Cookie Recipes.