Halloween is a fun time of year, especially if you’ve got a little one at home. After all, what could be cuter than dressing your little monster up as an actual monster? Not to mention all of the fun (and frugal) DIY fall crafts to try out or the frightfully delicious treats to concoct in your laboratory (a.k.a. kitchen) like these monster cupcakes. The only downside to Halloween is that the weather can be a bit uncooperative (anyone else remember snow on Halloween?). For those brisk autumn days that leave you trapped indoors or for a great bedtime story sure to get your little one in the spirit (hehe) turn to these preschool Halloween books. To access a complete listing of preschool Halloween books go here.
1. Ten Timid Ghosts (Read With Me Paperbacks) – With 120 customer reviews and an average star rating of 5, this book is the cream of the crop when it comes to preschool Halloween books. It’s a definite must read!
2. The Spooky Wheels on the Bus – If you’re looking for “dinner and a show” you’ve found it with this preschool Halloween book. “The Spooky Wheels on the Bus” is a terrifyingly good twist on the children’s song “The Wheels on the Bus” and incorporates singing and counting into the story.
3. Room on the Broom – Over 600 customers can’t be wrong can they? This is another five star preschool Halloween book which will take your little one on an adventure with a witch and her faithful cat…warning, watch out for the dragon!
4. From Seed to Pumpkin (Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science 1) – Looking for preschool Halloween books that are educational? No problem! This book will teach your child how a tiny seed becomes a giant pumpkin.
5. Halloween Hustle – Got a Kindle or iPad? If so, this preschool Halloween book is a real steal at just $3.99.
6. Llama Llama Trick or Treat – Get your kid hooked on reading with this preschool Halloween book featuring Llama Llama. If he or she can’t get enough of this fun character, be sure to check out other titles with the same cast. I highly recommend LLama Llama books, my son is a big fan! 🙂
7. We’re Off to Find the Witch’s House – Introduce your child to a whole host of silly and spooky Halloween characters with this preschool Halloween book. Perfect for kids 3 and up!
8. Very Best Pumpkin – This adorable preschool Halloween book is sure to delight your child plus teach them the value of friendship. Enjoy!
9. The Little Scarecrow Boy – A classic in the making, your child will want to hear this preschool Halloween book again and again. “The Little Scarecrow Boy” was written by the author of “Goodnight Moon”.
10. Apples and Pumpkins – With beautiful pictures and flowing prose, this preschool Halloween book is a real treat for kids and adults alike…which is good since your child will demand to read it over and over!
These preschool Halloween books are perfect for introducing your child to the thrills of Halloween. Plus, they’re a fun learning opportunity for a child learning to read. Cuddle up with one of these preschool Halloween books and a cup of hot cocoa and enjoy a great night with your little monster.
Do you know of other great preschool Halloween books? If so, please share the titles and a link in the comments.