Is your skin feeling a little worn by the winter weather? If your heels, elbows, and hands are rough enough to cut someone then it’s time to lotion up! Instead of rushing to the nearest health and beauty aisle, how about making your own coconut oil lotion?
This coconut oil lotion is perfect for achieving soft skin without subjecting your body to the chemicals and unnatural ingredients found in many store bought products. The beauty and health benefits of coconut oil are numerous and this is just another way to take advantage of this awesome ingredient.
10 Homemade Recipes for Beauty Products: Homemade Coconut Oil Lotion Bars
To top it off, this homemade recipe for beauty for coconut oil lotion is easy and cheap to make. Feel like kicking it up a notch? Pair this lotion bar with a homemade DIY Lip Gloss and you’ll be on your way to feeling good and looking great without breaking the bank.
1. Melt coconut oil, almond oil and beeswax in a microwave safe bowl by heating in 30 second increments, stirring in-between, until the mixture is liquid and smooth.
2. Stir in the Shea butter until melted.
3. Add essential oils a little at a time. Start with 10 drops of each and then add more until desired scent is reached.
4. Pour hot liquid carefully into a silicone mold.
5. Allow lotion bars to sit overnight.
6. Remove from the mold and store in a cool, dry place. Remember that coconut becomes liquid in warm temperatures.
For more homemade recipes for beauty and beauty tips be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty Tips Pinterest board and read my other DIY beauty recipes.