In theory, homemade gifts sound like an awesome idea…right? I mean, your Pinterest board is full of adorable hand crafted presents that would thrill your friends and family. Unfortunately, when you try to put theory into practice, things become a little less awesome. At least for me.
Trust me, it doesn’t get much easier than this!
If you’re on a quest for more Mason jar gifts be sure to check out my new eBook “Homemade Gifts in Jars“. If you want to find more homemade recipes for beauty to add to your Mason jar gift this holiday season, get inspired with Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty Tips Pinterest board.
1. Follow these recipes for the homemade body products, just substitute the essential oils called for in each with peppermint essential oil.
2. Place the body scrub in one container, the body butter in another, and the shaving cream in the third container.
3. Wrap each container in washi tape and write the product’s name on the tape.
4. Layer each container into a large Mason jar.
5. Add in the coconut oil lotion bars.
6. Toss in a handful or two of mints as filler, color, and for a sweet treat.
Note: Consider adding a candle or sachet in the same scent if you still have room.
7. Tie on a pretty ribbon or twine and top with a cutout circle of festive scrapbook paper and you’re done!
If you are not a big fan of peppermint, you can substitute gingerbread, spearmint, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, or citrus scents for your DIY gift in a jar.
As your whipping up these peppermint scented Mason jar gifts, be sure to take a little me time. Pamper yourself this holiday season with great at-home spa treatments like this DIY coconut oil hair mask.