Do you love lathering up in the shower with an exotically scented body wash? It soothes your skin and depending on the scent, invigorates or relaxes you. It’s great… except for the price. Stores like Bath & Body Works try to lure you in with great deals (buy 3 get 2 free anyone?) but at the end of the day, you’re still paying a pretty penny for sweet smelling soap. What if you could get the luxury without the guilt? Yep, save money by learning how to make body wash at home.
The process of how to make body wash isn’t difficult at all. You probably think there’s a lot of chemicals and “cooking” involved but you’re wrong. In fact the only tool you need is a microwave. See, that’s not too intimidating is it?
What’s great about learning how to make body wash at home is you can have any scent you’d like (by simply using different essential oils). Go for something relaxing like lavender or get creative and mix different essential oils for your own custom scent.
Once you know how to make body wash, you can easily whip up a batch or two to give as gifts around the holidays or for any occasion.
Bonus: The coconut oil and vitamin E oil in this body wash recipe are excellent for your skin. Not only are you learning how to make body wash that is a treat for your nose, but it’s also a vacation for your skin.
1. Melt coconut oil in microwave, 20-30 seconds should do it.
2. Combine with castile soap, almond oil, vitamin E oil, and water.
3. Transfer to container using a funnel.
Note: Consider splitting between 2 small containers so that you can make 2 different scents.
4. Add essential oils and shake well to combine.
If you find this mixture too oily for your body, simply add water a ½ cup at a time until you achieve a comfortable texture for your skin.
Note: If your bathroom is cold you may find your coconut oil solidifies, simply run under hot water and shake well before each use.
Now that you know how to make body wash at home, share some of your favorite essential oils to use in the comments.
For more easy DIY ideas follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Fun Pinterest board.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.