How many holiday parties will you be attending this year? Or, maybe a better question is, how many dishes will you be whipping up among your already insane holiday schedule? If you’re like most of us, the answer is “too many”.
Sure, it’s fun to get together with loved ones and celebrate the season but who has time to put together a holiday worthy dish? This year, instead of sneaking off to the supermarket and trying to pass off store bought goods as homemade, give this easy Christmas dessert recipe a try. Not only is this easy Christmas dessert recipe just about as simple as they come, it’s perfect for any holiday party. After all, who wouldn’t want to indulge in a sweet reindeer treat?
I know, I know, there are tons of recipes claiming to be “easy Christmas dessert recipes” and some of them are about as far from easy as they can get but this one truly is simple. In fact, you don’t even need the oven!
As an added bonus, this easy Christmas dessert recipe is fun. Go ahead, get the little ones involved; they’ll have a blast creating their own reindeer.
For more fun and festive holiday desserts, follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Desserts Pinterest board.
*Makes 10 servings. 1 Reindeer marshmallow pop = 1 serving.
10 large marshmallows
12 oz Wilton dark chocolate candy melts
Mini pretzel twists
Small candy eyes
Red M&M’s or red Sixlets for the reindeer’s nose
10 Wilton candy sticks
Parchment or foil lined baking sheet
1. Insert 1 candy stick into the base of each marshmallow.
2. Pour the candy melts into a microwavable safe dish. Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in-between, until melted.
3. Allow the chocolate to cool for a few minutes.
4. Dip each marshmallow in the chocolate and allow the excess melted chocolate to drip back into the bowl.
5. Place two mini pretzel twists on the parchment or foil lined baking sheet and lay the marshmallow on top of them.
6. Add a red “nose” (M&M or Sixlet).
7. Repeat this step with all the marshmallows.
8. Allow them to set for about 20-30 minutes.
9. Once the chocolate has set give each reindeer two eyes. Dip a toothpick in the melted chocolate (you may need to re-heat), dab a little chocolate on the back of each candy eye, and then dab a little chocolate on the Reindeer’s “head”.
Do you know of other easy Christmas dessert recipes? If so, share them in the comments.