DIY Beauty Care: Homemade Sugar Scrub Bars With Coconut Oil
Do you love stores like Bath and Body Works and The Body Shop? With delicious scents and spa like products who doesn’t? … Until you see the price tag. The cost of a single body scrub is enough to make you cringe, put the product down, and slowly back away. What if, with a little work, you could get great products like those found at Bath and Body Works without the high price tag… and without all the unpronounceable ingredients? Keep reading to find out how you can get homemade sugar scrub bars.
DIY beauty care recipes, like this one for homemade sugar scrub bars, aren’t nearly as complicated as many people think. In fact, you can have homemade sugar scrub bars with as few as four ingredients and in under an hour (not counting cooling time). Pretty nifty, huh?
These homemade sugar scrub bars and other DIY beauty care recipes will save you big bucks not only on products for you personally but also on gifts. Yep, these homemade sugar scrub bars make excellent gifts especially since you can customize them with different scents (essential oils) to fit the receiver’s tastes. For example, if your giving these homemade sugar scrub bars to a man consider a cinnamon and clovers scent combo.
Another advantage to DIY beauty care recipes like this one is that you know exactly what is in the product you’re using. No more mystery ingredients!
If you like this recipe for homemade sugar scrub bars and want more DIY Beauty care tips and recipes be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty Tips Pinterest board.
1. Cut soap base into approximately 1”x1” cubes.
2. Place cubes in a small pot and melt over medium low heat.
3. Stir in coconut oil until melted.
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
5. Add essential oils.
6. Stir in sugar – be sure to let the mixture cool down before adding the sugar or the sugar will dissolve immediately.
7. Pour into mold and allow to cool until hardened; this usually takes a of couple hours.
8. Use in the shower but store out of direct water spray to keep it from wearing away when not in use.
What are your favorite scent combos for DIY beauty care recipes like these homemade sugar scrub bars? Share in the comments!
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.