Chocolate Christmas Candies Recipe: Ice Cube Tray Chocolates
If you’re looking for a last minute sweet treat to give someone this holiday seasons, you’re in the right place. Chocolates can be a great gift for everyone from your best friend to that guy in IT you got during the office secret Santa. Unfortunately, good chocolate (ex. Godiva) can be pricey especially if you have to ship it to someone. This year, save money and still get that special someone (or near complete stranger 🙂 ) tasty chocolate by making your own with the help of this chocolate Christmas candies recipe.
Whoa, whoa, whoa! I saw your mouse hovering over the X. You were about to close this window, weren’t you? Why? Is it because you think I’m looney tunes for suggesting you make chocolate candies when you have about a billion other things to do? Just hear me out. 🙂
This chocolate Christmas candies recipe is quick and easy. I promise. You can make this chocolate Christmas candies recipe in about 10 minutes. Seriously, that’s it. You can find 10 minutes, can’t you? Especially since that 10 minutes could save you quite a bit of money.
If you’re worried about your chocolate Christmas candies recipe looking homemade (a.k.a. messy and unprofessional), don’t be. Since you use ice cube trays your candies will get a pretty uniform look just like those you’d buy at a chocolate boutique.
In addition to saving me money, what I love about this chocolate Christmas candies recipe is how customizable it is. You can customize this chocolate Christmas candies recipe in several ways. For example, you could use different shapes of ice cube trays to get differently shaped chocolates. You could use different kinds of chocolate (ex. milk, dark, white). Lastly, you can use whatever “filling” you’d prefer. This chocolate Christmas candies recipe suggests marshmallows, caramel, and peanut butter but you could use whatever you like. Don’t be afraid to get creative here. It’s pretty hard to make chocolate candies unappetizing!
Tip: Make your gift even more impressive by pairing this chocolate Christmas candies recipe with some homemade truffles. Check out this hazelnut chocolate truffles recipe for inspiration.
I highly recommend making more than one ice cube tray with this chocolate Christmas candies recipe as your family is sure to sneak a few and after all, you’ve got to do some taste testing yourself, right? 😉
1. Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl and microwave on 50% power for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
2. Melt coconut oil in the microwave and mix with melted chocolate.
3. Spray ice cube tray lightly with a nonstick cooking spray and fill each compartment about halfway with melted chocolate coconut oil mixture.
4. Place a mixture of marshmallows, peanut butter, or caramels in the center of each ice cube tray compartment on top of the melted chocolate.
5. Fill ice cube tray compartments up with melted chocolate.
6. Place ice cube tray in the freezer for an hour or until chocolate is completely hardened.
7. Crack your tray just like you would if it had ice cubes in it and pop out chocolates.
Looking for more holiday delights to compliment this chocolate Christmas candies recipe? Add these dishes to your holiday menu:
- Christmas tree and snowman cheese ball
- Strawberry Christmas tree brownie bites
- Christmas tree peanut butter blossoms
- Reindeer marshmallow pops
- Oreo ornament cookies
- Holiday fudge
- Cinnamon sugar pretzels
- Easy Christmas cookies