All Natural Homemade Face Scrub: Strawberry Face Scrub
By now most of us are familiar with the beauty benefits of coconut oil. (If you’re not, I recommend reading Beauty and Health Benefits of Coconut Oil According to the Dr. Oz Show). But what about strawberries? Whether you know it or not, strawberries can do wonderful things for your skin. Take full advantage of the benefits of strawberries with this natural homemade face scrub.
This natural homemade face scrub is perfect if you’re trying to prevent acne, fight the signs of aging, or just looking for an all natural way to clean your skin. Seriously, strawberries can help with all of that!
The alpha-hydroxy acid in strawberries is great for removing dead skin cells and helping unclog pores, which can prevent acne breakouts. In addition, strawberries contain salicylic acid which can also help remove dead skin cells and tighten pores.
The alpha-hydroxy acid in strawberries has also been shown to help rejuvenate damaged skin (thereby reversing the signs of aging). Plus, this fruit contains ellagic acid which can prevent collagen destruction. This matters because collagen destruction is a major cause of wrinkle formation.
Strawberries are rich in vitamin C which is a great way (on top of the before mentioned acids) to clean skin.
With all of these awesome benefits, why wouldn’t you want to try this natural homemade face scrub?
With just 4 ingredients, you won’t have to invest much money into whipping up a batch of this homemade face scrub. Plus, if you don’t like it (which I highly doubt), you can always use the ingredients from this natural homemade face scrub in other recipes. For example, just eat the leftover strawberries as a tasty snack.
This natural homemade face scrub is also super quick to put together. You can probably complete this little DIY beauty project in about 5 minutes.
Ready? Let’s get started!
1. Heat coconut oil in a microwave safe dish for 30-45 seconds or until melted.
Tip: Keep a close eye on the coconut oil as it will heat very fast.
2. Add sweet almond oil to coconut oil and mix.
3. In a larger bowl, combine sugar, puréed strawberries, and oils and mix well.
4. Scoop scrub into an 8 oz Mason jar.
To use: Place a small amount of natural homemade face scrub on the tips of your fingertips and rub into your skin. Rinse to remove.
If you try this natural homemade face scrub, please share any feedback (outcomes, suggestions, etc.) in the comments.
For more DIY beauty inspiration, follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Homemade Beauty Products and DIY Beauty Pinterest boards. You may also want to try this Natural Homemade Face Scrub For Acne: Grapefruit Face Scrub.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.