17. Omelette, turkey sausage, blueberries, oatmeal, homemade english muffin: Here’s a look at a variety of ways to use eggs to sneak in veggies like spinach into your little one’s meal, consider tossing them in a hearty omelette.
18. Peanut butter and honey puzzle sandwich, half a banana, homemade chocolate yogurt, and strawberry slices: A peanut butter and honey sandwich shaped like a puzzle? Here’s a mom with a whole lot more creativity than I possess. 🙂 I also like the idea of chocolate yogurt, it is a nice alternative to the plain yogurt I typically feed my son.
19. Salmon bites, cut grapes, Italian meatloaf leftovers, mixed veggies, blueberry yogurt, and polenta with cheese (leftover from dinner): So you really can work salmon into toddler meals? I have been searching for ways on how to do this. Of course, there is no guarantee my little guy will eat it. 🙂
20. Broccoli and cheese, cut up hot dog, pasta, strawberries, fresh mozzarella, and cranberry orange mini muffin: Here’s how to give your toddler hot dogs and feel less guilty about it. Balance the meal with these delicious and healthy sides. 21. Smoked turkey & cheese, multi-grain Tostito scoops with Trader Joe’s Garlic Salsa, apple slices, and Trader Joe’s chocolate chip cookies: After your little one finishes his/her smoked turkey and cheese and apple slices, let him/her indulge with chips and salsa and a couple of chocolate chip cookies.
22. Vegemite & cheese on wholemeal, cucumber sticks, half cherry tomatoes, half boiled egg and a piggy: The piggy in this meal is a shortbread cookie (see the easy 3 ingredient shortbread recipe here). It is more specifically referred to as a pig in mud (a.k.a. chocolate). (By the way, if you are like me and have no idea what vegemite is, it is a vegetable extract used as a flavoring or spread.)
23. Celery, raisins, sugar snap peas, watermelon, cheddar cheese: Want to teach your kids how to count to four? Create this “Number 4” themed toddler lunch with 4 celery sticks, 4 raisins, 4 sugar snap peas, 4 pieces of watermelon, and 4 slices of cheddar cheese. You can leverage this same idea to incorporate a specific shape or color.
24. Shredded pork roast, rice, broccoli, onion, mushrooms and watermelon: This toddler lunch idea reminded me that my son’s doctor instructed us to start incorporating rice into his meals. Here’s a smart way to do just that, add it along side a stir fry.
25. Ham, American cheese, cookies, holly shaped cereal bar, and melba toast rounds: If your child loves lunchables, why not try this DIY lunchable meal?
What are your favorite toddler lunch ideas? Please share in the comments.