Looking for toddler lunch ideas for your picky eater?
So was I!
There goes a green bean whizzing by my head, only to be followed by a fistful of raisins. Ah…the splendor that is meal time with my 19 month old son. My husband swears my son is practicing his throwing arm in an effort to be the next great NFL quarterback or All-Star pitcher, but I tend to disagree.
I am no doctor or child expert, just a mom looking for healthy food options that my son will be motivated to eat rather than hurl at my head. If you have a toddler and are in search of similar nutritious solutions, check out this list of 25 Toddler Lunch Ideas.
For more yummy lunch ideas, be sure to follow my Toddler Lunch Ideas Pinterest board. 1. Turkey & cheese sandwich, cheddar rice cakes and strawberries: This toddler lunch idea is equal parts healthy and yummy. A couple of snack suggestions to complement this meal are a banana muffin and carrots, celery and hummus.
2. Turkey, broccoli, crackers and grapes: Here’s another simple yet well balanced toddler lunch idea. When making broccoli for my little guy, I love buying microwaveable bags to steam the veggies because it is a time saver and a healthy way to prepare it.
3. PB&J rollups, carrots and cucumber and strawberries: I love these PB&J rollups as an alternative to a standard peanut butter and jelly sandwich. They are the perfect size for little hands to grab and shovel in.
4. Turkey and cheese hearts, applesauce, carrots and hummus: Here’s a thoughtful way to remind your little one how special they are, carve out turkey and cheese hearts then accompany them with applesauce, carrots and hummus. 5. Cheddar cheese, sliced apples and kiwi, raisins, lemon pepper chicken breast, and baby carrots: This toddler lunch idea looks as beautiful as it does delicious.
6. Mixed vegetables, cheese, chicken and strawberries: If you are looking for a bunch of healthy bite size food options, this toddler lunch idea can do the trick. Little hands can easily grab a fistful of these yummy foods.
7. Oranges, peas, corn, lima beans and turkey burger: Why haven’t I been feeding my son turkey burgers? He loves turkey franks, so I’ll have to give turkey burgers a shot, then pair it with these nutritious sides.
8. Fish sticks, corn, lima beans, squash and hash browns: Though I do not typically like to give my son breaded processed foods like fish sticks, sometimes when you are in a rush and need a fast and flavorful toddler food idea, fish sticks will suffice.