With summer comes hot weather and soaring AC bills. One way to help conserve money is to avoid using your oven (which heats up the house) whenever possible. This may sound like quite a challenge but there are plenty of healthy cold meal ideas you can utilize that are sure to become favorite family meals.
If you still aren’t convinced, how about trying some out as lunch? That’s right, do a trial run with some of these healthy cold lunch ideas and when you love them, spin them off into dinners for the whole family.
Here are 25 healthy cold lunch ideas to get you inspired (and very possibly drooling).
For more delicious and healthy recipes, follow Freebie Finding Mom’s low calorie recipes Pinterest board.
25 Healthy Cold Lunch Ideas
1. Chipotle Turkey Pinwheels: This healthy cold lunch idea is easy to make for one or many so go ahead and take some in for the whole office.
2. Lemon and Dill Salmon Roll-up: The salmon in this healthy cold lunch idea makes it a great choice. Salmon is rich in protein and omega 3 fatty acids…plus it’s delicious.
3. Fresh Rosemary Chicken Salad: You probably thought chicken salad couldn’t be healthy but here’s a remake of the dish that’ll leave you guilt free.
4. Caprese Salad Pita Pockets: At under 350 calories, this healthy cold lunch idea is a steal.
5. Turkey Caesar Sandwich: Subway has got nothing on this delicious healthy cold lunch idea.
6. Thai Green Curry Chickpea Burritos: If you’re a vegetarian (or vegan), give this tasty healthy cold lunch idea a try. Better yet, if you’re considering a meat-free diet, this recipe is a great way to ease into it…trust me, you won’t even miss the meat typically found in burritos.
7. Arnold Palmer Sandwich: This sandwich may not sound super appetizing when you first read the ingredients (ex. eggs and pickles); however, the blend of flavors and textures make it a must-try.
8. Pesto Chicken Rolls: This healthy cold lunch idea is an easy (and yummy) way to use up leftover chicken.
9. Chicken Salad with Apricots and Almonds Sandwich: Here’s another take on chicken salad that includes apricots.
10. Tuna Cabbage Salad: This healthy cold lunch idea is fresh, crisp, and light.