Check out this week’s best daily freebies, coupons, bargains, money saving tips and more! Hopefully this helps you and your family save big money and score great FREE stuff!
Are you ready for holiday shopping? Well, ready or not here are some awesome toy deals! Below are a few of my favorite deals of the day, but you can view the complete list of Amazon Lightning Deals here. Happy Shopping!
Candy Land Disney Princess Edition starts at 3:30 p.m. EST
Chutes and Ladders starts at 6:30 p.m. EST
Yahtzee Handheld Digital Game starts at 7:30 p.m. EST
Pirate Fluxx starts at 9:30 p.m. EST
View the Complete List of Amazon Lightning Deals Here
The holiday season can be especially hard on the wallet. You find yourself in the position of buying decorations, ingredients for family feasts, gifts for your family, friends, and coworkers, and the list goes on and on. However, when it comes to stocking stuffers, you don’t have to spend a ton to get an awesome gift. Below are 101 cheap stocking stuffers for kids most of which are under $10!
Here’s a quick index of cheap stocking stuffers so you can jump right to your little one’s age group!
In addition to these cheap stocking stuffers for kids, get them excited about the holidays by exercising their DIY skills! Be sure to follow my Christmas Crafts for Kids Pinterest board for inspiration and they’ll be having fun and feeling festive in no time!
1. Pacifiers, like the Gerber First Essentials 2 Pack Soft Center Latex Pacifier are a necessity for many little ones making them a great stocking stuffer idea. Plus with all the different designs available this gift can be useful, inexpensive, and pretty.
2. Board Books like the one pictured above, Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, by Annie Kubler are the prefect cheap stocking stuffers for young children as they possess the much needed durability to stand up to the rigors of little hands.
3. Cute Stocks are another useful and inexpensive stocking stuffer. Plus you have a wide variety of sock styles to choose from including those that look like shoes, animals, or come in every imaginable color.
5. Rattles are another stocking stuffer option. Be warned though – while your little one will thoroughly enjoy creating a ruckus with his or her new toy you may not enjoy it quite so much! There are tons of different, inexpensive rattles to pick from, start by checking out Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Diamond Ring Rattle.
7. Teething Toys come in fun colors and charming designs (just take a look at The First Years Star Teething Blanket). These cheap stocking stuffers are a must have if your little one is teething this holiday season.
8. Sippy Cups like NUK Disney Winnie the Pooh 5 Ounces Learner Cup Silicone Spout are great for encouraging children who are transitioning from the bottle to a “big boy” or “big girl” cup.
9. Burp Cloths may be considered more of a gift for the parents than the children but burp clothes like Gerber Flannel Burp Cloths 4-Pack 100% Cotton Monkey are still a good choice.
10. Spoon, Fork and Plate Sets like Gerber Graduates My 1st Feeding Set Spoon, Fork and Plate are great if your little one is a bit of a picky eater. Having his or her own dishes, especially if they’re decorated, can make meal time a lot more fun.
12. Comb and Brush Sets like Safety 1st Brush and Comb Set are sure to help your child look his or her best for all those family photos that get taken around the holidays.
13. Character Band-Aids are just the thing to make ouchies and boo-boos heal faster. Luckily, there are a wide variety of characters to choose from like Band-aid Bandages Disney Mickey Mouse so finding your child’s favorite shouldn’t be too difficult.
14. Hair Barrettes and Bows like Ema Jane – Neon Grosgrain Hair Bow Clips can be the perfect stocking stuffer for your little girl. After all, as all girls know, you can never have too many accessories!
15. Stuffed Animals can provide your child with a cute and cuddly friend to love on for years to come. You don’t have to go with the traditional teddy bear; get inspired by checking out Ty Pluffies Dangles Monkey.
16. Small Toys like Small World Sand & Water Toys (Peek-A-Boo Dump Truck) make for fun and inexpensive stocking stuffers.
17. Bubbles are an inexpensive stocking stuffer that will keep your children entertained for a long time; they’re a pretty good return on investment! Super charge your child’s bubble blowing experience with Little Kids Fubbles No-Spill Bubble Tumbler.
18. Finger Puppets like 12 Neon Monkey Vinyl Finger Puppets ZOO Animal Jungle make little fingers even cuter – if you can believe that!
19. Hat and Mittens are a practical, cheap stocking stuffer for kids and must haves for snowball fights and snowman building.
20. Coloring Books such as Santa’s Big Big Book to Color (Jumbo Coloring Book) are the perfect stocking stuffer to keep your child entertained.
21. Crayons or Markers are great for encouraging your artist in the making. A word of caution though, when getting crayons or markers for your little one, always remember this word: WASHABLE! Go for something like Crayola Washable Markers. Trust me on this, I learned the hard way.
22. Tooth Brush and Tooth Paste like Baby Banana Brush And Tooth Gel Combo Pack are just the thing to encourage good dental habits from early on. This stocking stuffer is sure to make your child want to brush his or her teeth!
23. Tooth Brush Sanitizer will ensure your child’s special toothbrush is clean and ready to use. If you’re looking for an affordable option check out Dr Tung’s Children Snap-on Portable Antibacterial Toothbrush Sanitizer.
27. Cereal Cups are a nutritious and yummy snack as well as an inexpensive stocking stuffer.
31. Goldfish Crackers are another edible stocking stuffer option. After all, who doesn’t love Goldfish? Try not to eat them all yourself!
35. Stamp Sets like Jungle Zoo Safari Stampers Self-ink Stamps are a good stocking stuffer idea if you’re feeling a bit brave this holiday season. Depending on your little one’s age I recommend close supervision!
36. Novelty Erasers like Iwako Japanese Puzzle Take Apart Erasers Zoo Animals may soften the blow of having to return to school after Christmas break.
37. Jewelry is perfect for the little lady in your life (or the adult one – hint, hint all you husbands out there!). This Hello Kitty Balloon Dreams Necklace Charm Flower is sure to have your home ringing with squeals of delight!
39. Nail Polish can lead to some great mother-daughter time. Go ahead, treat each other to manicures. For any color you can imagine, there’s a nail polish to match, head over here to find your child’s favorites.
40. Nail Art Stickers like Cute Hello Kitty Nail Art Glitter Tattoo Stickers Decals are just the thing to finish that mother-daughter manicure off.
45. Stickers are the perfect gift idea if your child is crafty. The possibilities with stickers are almost endless from scrapbooking to decorating school notebooks. Be sure to get the most bang for your buck; check out the Super Sticker Assortment (1,000 Stickers).
46. Gloves for Girls and Boys like N’ice Caps Girls Circle Scroll Print Ski Glove may not be met with an abundance of joy at least initially, but your child will certainly be appreciative when its bitterly cold outside and he or she wants to indulge in some winter fun. Sledding anyone?
47. Sidewalk Chalk will have your child looking forward to warmer weather. This stocking stuffer is a great way for your child to showcase his or her artistic ability as well as spruce up the sidewalk in front of your house. Check out ALEX Toys – Chubby Rainbow Jumbo Chalks and Plastic Holders.
52. Bubble Bath is a great way to pamper and relax your child after all the fun family get-togethers that go along with the holidays. Try Circle of Friends Sophia’s Ciao Bella! Bubble Bath – you’ll love it and probably find yourself sneaking a little for yourself. Hey, parents have to unwind too!
54. Notepads with cool designs like Safari Animal Jungle Zoo Notepads with Wiggle Eyes are a great way to get your child excited about heading back to school once the holidays are over.
55. My Little Pony Toys like My Little Pony Princess Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash Figures are perfect for your My Little Pony fan.
57. Magnets are a great way to encourage your child to proudly display his or her works of art, school work, or anything else. Get alphabet magnets to encourage his or her spelling skills or this set of 6 fun Kikkerland Owl Magnets.
58. Barbie Outfits like Barbie I Can Be Doll Fashion Outfit (Musician Violin) will be a hit; now Barbie can play dress up too!
59. Travel Games such as Scavenger Hunt For Kids Cards are a must have if your family will be doing some traveling this holiday season – trust me, this will make the experience more enjoyable for everyone involved.
60. Silly Straws are one way to encourage your child to drink all their milk, juice, or any other beverage you put before them. Check out 36 Crazy Loop Straws to get a lot of silly straws for not much money.
62. Sunglasses are an inexpensive but fun (and necessary) fashion accessory. They come in a variety of styles, sizes, and colors; start your search by checking out Kids Children DG Designer Fashion Sunglasses.
63. Wooden Puzzles like Velociraptor Dinosaur 3D Woodcraft Construction Kit will keep your child challenged and entertained for hours.
64. Earmuffs like gloves, might not be an initial fan favorite but your child will change his or her tune once they head outside for some winter fun. Check out some cute and warm earmuffs like N’ice Caps Girls Currier and Ives Winter Print Adjustable Pile Ear Muff.
66. Life Saver Candy Books offer two gifts in one – a yummy sweet treat and a story. Plus, they’re inexpensive so everyone wins.
70. Friendship Bracelet Kits like Friendship Bracelets are perfect for the creative, crafty kid in your family. Plus, she’ll have a ball getting together with her friends and decorating each others’ wrists.
72. Glitter Pens like Sakura Gelly Roll Assorted Colors Stardust Meteor Pen Set are sure to be a hit with any girl. After all, everything is better with a little bling right?
73. Watches: are a useful and inexpensive stocking stuffer idea for anyone in the family. Plus, they can be a pretty awesome fashion accessory; just check out Timex Girls’ “Time Teacher” Floral Elastic Strap Watch.
75. Crazy Socks let your child get crazy even on a school day. Check out All Mixed Up Girls Mix & Match Ankle (Anklet) Socks as a starting point for finding some wild footwear.
76. Lip Gloss like Bonne Bell Lip Smackers Lip Smacker Party Pack are a fun and tasty stocking stuffer gift. Yep, the biggest potential issue with gifting flavored lip gloss is the difficulty in resisting licking it off.
81. Locker Mirrors are probably a must have for the young woman in your life so that she can ensure she’s ready to impress while running between classes. Check out this great option: Magnetic Locker Blue Framed Mirror.
85. Key Chains are a fun way for your child to store his or her house keys or car keys so maybe they won’t get lost (that last part is probably just wishful thinking). Check out this cute keychain to get inspired: Love Your Breed Acrylic Keychain.
86. Beef Jerky is a tasty, high protein snack that’s perfect for the kid on the go or the young athlete needing to fuel up quick.
87. Travel Size Toiletries make great stocking stuffers for boys and girls alike. They can take them on sleepovers, use them at school, or put them to use on family trips. This 9-Piece Women’s Travel Kit with Zippered Bag should get you started.
89. iTunes Gift Card are sure to be appreciated by most kids (and adults for that matter) since they can be used to download music, apps, movies, books, and more!
92. Small Calculators like this Sharp Electronics Translucent 3 Key Memory Youth Calculator are great for math class and personal use (i.e. totaling up all of those shoe purchases).
93. Pocket Knives are an inexpensive and practical stocking stuffer if you think your child is responsible enough. Not sure which kind of pocket knife to buy? Check out this Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Knife from Victorinox.
96. Diary with Lock and Key like Hot Focus Peace Diary with Lock and Keys are a tried and true gift. A diary will provide her with a resource (and needed security) to share her personal thoughts and dreams.
97. Disposable Cameras are still a stocking stuffer option despite the fact that many kids have cameras on their phones; disposable cameras are just the thing for passing around on field trips, slumber parties, and school dances. Capture every Kodak moment with Kodak 35mm Single Use Camera w/ Flash.
98. Cell Phone Cases allow kids to show their individuality while providing a much needed service: protection. Why not give them one they’re proud to rock out with like Bling Zebra Skin (Pink/Hot Pink) Diamante.
This stocking stuffer is especially inexpensive when you buy them from DiscountMags.com where you can score up to 80% off on subscriptions to popular magazines.
100. Mascara, especially a nice, non-clumping brand will be much appreciated by the girl who likes makeup. Try Bareminerals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara.
There you have it – 101 inexpensive stocking stuffer ideas! From my family to yours – happy holidays!
Cherry Cheesecake Trifle Dessert – The Perfect Christmas Trifle Recipe!
Well Thanksgiving is over, and it’s already time to start thinking about the delicious sweets and treats that go along with Christmas. Visions of sugarplums won’t be enough to satisfy your hungry friends, family, and coworkers! If you’re looking for a sugary snack that doesn’t require a master chef, look not further than this Christmas trifle recipe.
“Hmmm, what exactly is a trifle?” is probably what many of you are thinking. Well, it’s an English dessert made from some combination of custard, fruit, sponge cake, fruit juice or jelly, and whipped cream arranged in layers. Basically, its a bowl or glass full of deliciousness stacked on more deliciousness! This Christmas trifle recipe may not be a traditional trifle in the strictest sense of the word but it’s close enough and just as good!
What I love about this Christmas trifle recipe (besides the fact that it is super quick and easy to make) is that it isn’t overwhelming. So many Christmas desserts are heavy or sickeningly sweet but this Christmas trifle recipe results in a concoction that is light and just right.
Don’t believe me? Try it for yourself…it’ll only take a few minutes to make!
Bonus: This Christmas trifle recipe is well, Christmasy with its white and red coloring.
For more delicious and festive holiday desserts, follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Desserts Pinterest board.
1 package of graham crackers (about 6 full crackers)
8 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
2 cups Cool Whip
½ cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup cherry pie filling
Zip lock freezer bag
Electric hand mixer
Serving bowl or glass
2. In a large bowl, whip together the cream cheese, Cool Whip, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric hand mixer until smooth.
3. In a bowl or a glass, create a base layer of graham cracker crumbs followed by a layer of the cheesecake filling and topped with a bit of cherry pie filling.
4. Repeat layers until the glass is full.
Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PlanesToTheRescue #CollectiveBias
Looking for last minute holiday gift ideas? Delight the little ones in your life with Disney Planes items now on Rollback at Walmart! All items listed below are on rollback through the holiday season! #PlanesToTheRescue #ad
Disney Planes Flight to the Finish Speedway ($24.97)
Disney Planes: Fire & Rescue Die-Cast Vehicles, 3-Pack ($14.97)
Disney Planes: Fire & Rescue Deluxe Talking Vehicle Assortment ($19.97)
Can you believe we will be starting a New Year in less than two weeks? That means all the yummy holiday eats will be gone and New Year’s resolutions will be in full swing. If losing weight and getting healthier in the New Year is your resolution, listen up. Thanks to my collaboration with #CollectiveBias I am able to share with you a recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth but keep your waistline in check.
I #LoveMyCereal so I wanted to incorporate a hearty helping of Quaker® Oatmeal Squares into a delicious and filling snack mix that is coated with sweetness and loaded with goodness, which resulted in this recipe for Maple Pecan Snack Mix with Cranberries. This recipe for Maple Pecan Snack Mix with Cranberries is packed with vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants, and other nutrients that will fuel your body with the energy you need to get through your day (no matter how crazy it is). As the mom of a two year old boy I need all the help I can get to make it to nap time and this snack mix will do the trick.
Not only will I have no guilt devouring this snack mix, I will eagerly share this with my son as well. I love finding ways to incorporate good nutrients into his diet and with this sweet maple coating he’ll be none the wiser; so I headed to Walmart to pick up everything I needed for this recipe. Not sure where to find Quaker® Oatmeal Squares? As you can see in the picture below, it’s next to other Quaker® items like Quaker® Real Medleys®, Quaker® Simply Granola and Quaker® Life in the cereal aisle.
So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead, #QuakerUp and give this recipe a try!
Maple Pecan Snack Mix with Cranberries
8 cups Quaker Brown Sugar Squares
½ cup butter or margarine
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup pecans
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 250°
2. Line a large baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
4. In a small saucepan over medium heat bring butter, syrup, and brown sugar to a boil.
5. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and baking soda.
6. Pour mixture all over cereal mixture in bowl, stir well to coat.
7. Spread evenly across cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 1 hour, stirring two to three times during baking.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely then break it up into smaller pieces.
10. Store in an airtight container.
How would you like to snag FREE Pillsbury samples, recipes, and coupons (up to $250 in savings a year!)? Simply go here and sign up for the FREE Best of Pillsbury email. That’s it!
Have you ever thought about making your own makeup? Probably not. If you’ve ever even considered the idea, you probably thought it would be too difficult or take too long. After all, who has time to spend all day slaving over homemade recipes for beauty when you could easily pop into any pharmacy or department store and pick up what you need?
Well, here’s a little secret: Making makeup isn’t difficult. Or a huge time commitment. Or expensive.
Okay, well I guess that’s more than one secret but still…you get what I’m saying. There are homemade recipes for beauty at your fingertips (this site, Pinterest, the Internet in general) that can be made in minutes. Many of them don’t even require the use of a stove or microwave. This is one of those homemade recipes for beauty.
This super simple homemade blush requires very few ingredients (4) and even less time.
Note: These ingredients will make a pink/red blush. If you want a brown/bronze blush use ginger and cocoa powder instead of hibiscus powder and beet root powder.
1. Combine arrowroot powder, cornstarch, a teaspoon of hibiscus and a teaspoon of beet root.
2. Add additional teaspoons of powders or spices (i.e. beet root and hibiscus) until your desired shade is reached. Then try it on. You may need to tweak it a bit by adding more to intensify color or another ingredient to change the hue altogether.
To create your perfectly flawless face use this eco-friendly blush brush.
This homemade recipe for beauty creates a loose blush; however, you could use the steps in the article “How to Fix Broken Eyeshadow, Blush or Foundation” to make your very own compact. You’d simply need to stir the loose blush with some alcohol or witch hazel until it becomes a paste like consistency, press it into an empty compact, and allow it to dry overnight.
If you’re ready to start making more makeup then find more homemade recipes for beauty and beauty tips on Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty Tips Pinterest board. You can also find more articles to help you create your own bath and beauty products on this site like this article on a DIY coconut oil hair mask. I’ll also be sharing 9 other homemade recipes for beauty over the coming days. Stick around and you’ll never need to visit the cosmetics counter again!
10 Homemade Recipes for Beauty Products: Homemade Coconut Oil Lotion Bars
Is your skin feeling a little worn by the winter weather? If your heels, elbows, and hands are rough enough to cut someone then it’s time to lotion up! Instead of rushing to the nearest health and beauty aisle, how about making your own coconut oil lotion?
No, I’m not crazy and yes, I realize how busy you are but whipping up this homemade recipe for beauty will take less than 10 minutes. I think you and your skin are worth that…don’t you?
This coconut oil lotion is perfect for achieving soft skin without subjecting your body to the chemicals and unnatural ingredients found in many store bought products. The beauty and health benefits of coconut oil are numerous and this is just another way to take advantage of this awesome ingredient.
To top it off, this homemade recipe for beauty for coconut oil lotion is easy and cheap to make.
Bonus: Since one batch will make several coconut oil lotion bars don’t hesitate to pass them out as gifts this holiday season. Consider adding a wintery scent like peppermint to make them a bit more holiday appropriate.
1. Melt coconut oil and beeswax in a microwave safe bowl by heating in 30 second increments, stirring in-between, until the mixture is liquid and smooth.
2. Stir in the Shea butter until melted.
3. Add essential oils a little at a time. Start with 10 drops of each and then add more until desired scent is reached.
4. Pour hot liquid carefully into a silicone mold.
5. Allow lotion bars to sit overnight.
6. Remove from the mold and store in a cool, dry place. Remember that coconut becomes liquid in warm temperatures.
After you try out these coconut oil lotion bars you won’t be able to get enough of coconut. Trust me. After you moisturize your skin, consider moisturizing your hair with this DIY coconut oil hair mask.
For more homemade recipes for beauty and beauty tips be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty Tips Pinterest board and read my nine other DIY beauty recipes.
Today we’re going to mention the unmentionable: Poo. Did you just glance over your shoulder to make sure no one could read what’s on your screen? It’s okay, the subject may feel taboo but everyone does it…and pretends like they don’t.
Unfortunately, there are times when you can’t pretend like you never…well, you know, because it lingers. These situations can range from very mildly embarrassing to full on panic inducing (ex. when you’re at someone else’s home). So, what can you do? Never leave your house? Sequester yourself from others?
Luckily, it doesn’t need to come to that. You can simply whip up this homemade recipe for beauty and you can avoid any future embarrassing moments. This homemade recipe for beauty will stop the odor in its tracks. Simply spray the top of the water before you go and you’ll be able to use the facilities without fear.
Does this homemade recipe for beauty really work? You bet your butt (pun intended) it does!
Plus, it’s incredibly easy and inexpensive to make. Sound too good to be true? Well it isn’t…just give it a try and you’ll be a believer!
1. Fill a small spray bottle with water and rubbing alcohol.
2. Add essential oils and glycerine then replace top and swirl gently to combine.
To use: Before you go, give the bottle a shake then spritz the water 3 or 4 times. That’s it!
Want more homemade recipes for beauty? Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty Tips Pinterest board and peruse this site for great articles like this DIY coconut oil hair mask and 9 other days of DIY beauty recipes. Enjoy!